- This event has passed.
Intro to Intellectual Property: Patents
May 22 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Navigating the world of patents and patent ownership is complex and fraught with traps for the unwary. In this introduction to Intellectual Property (IP) you’ll learn about the four categories of IP and dig a little deeper into patents. If your small business has a novel product, this FREE workshop is for you!
This workshop will include an overview of:
- Patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets
- What it means for your business to own a patent
- What steps you can take to protect yourself if you have a patentable idea
- How to make sure you own all of the IP being developed on your behalf
- How to commercialize your technology
Our presenters are lawyers from Cantor Colburn, one of the largest IP law firms in the country, headquartered in Hartford. Cantor Colburn provides comprehensive IP legal services to clients worldwide and in virtually every technology.